Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Professional Learning Network (PLN)

My professional learning network will be created through iGoogle. The iGoogle pages allow for organizing multiple resources on one page in order to be able to access the various information simultaneously.





On my iGoogle page, I have included several resources that I find beneficial to the learning process and believe would be useful in the classroom. My iGoogle page looks like this:

The tools included on my iGoogle page are TeacherTube, Twitter for Teachers, Delicious, Facebook, YouTube and Blogger. Each resource, I believe, is beneficial to staying organized and updated while teaching.

Twitter for Teachers and Facebook are both useful because they allow me to subscribe and follow different teachers. Like Blogger, these three tools make it possible to access different lesson plans and ideas of teachers in a similar subject area. This will be an easy way to stay up to date on the happenings of other teachers like myself. TeacherTube and YouTube will allow me to present different video examples to my class regarding the subject being discussed that day. Delicious will allow me to keep important links organized so I can access them when necessary as well as subscribe to other teachers.

Therefore, for my PLN, I created an iGoogle page in order to keep myself organized. It makes it possible for me to access different, constantly updated pages quickly and without hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment